Full course description
Date and time
Wednesday 26 May 2021, 10:00am to 2:30 pm
Friday 29 October 2021, 10.00 am to 2.30 pm
In person at ISV, 40 Rosslyn St, West Melbourne
This learning event is right for you if you are a Principal or leader in one of the non mainstream schools seeking rich conversations with colleagues from similar school environments
The Like schools network provides opportunities for collaboration, sharing ideas and supporting each other in the quest to make a difference to students and the community they belong to. Sharing stories supports Principals and leaders to have a voice and engage in meaningful dialogue about concerns, strengths, insights and queries.
Schools in the network are providing the supports needed by students predominantly from compromising backgrounds.
This learning event supports creating best practice toward meeting the following VRQA standard(s):
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Curriculum framework
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Student learning outcomes
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Monitoring and reporting on students’ performance
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Safe environment
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Child safety
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students - Attendance
- Broadened network in a trusting environment
- shared stories to strengthen confidence and reduce isolation
- strategies to create positive wellbeing outcomes
- shared strategies and approaches to support a differentiated inquiry process
- strategies personalised to meet specific school challenges
Julie is currently Principal Consultant at ISV in the School Improvement Team. Her role includes conducting workshops and professional development seminars on various Wellbeing and Curriculum aspects. These include, approaches that can be implemented to develop positive relationships throughout the school community, inclusiveness and cultural diversity, supports for Indigenous students, supports for key concerns such as the ‘word gap’ that students from low socio economic backgrounds and compromising backgrounds are exposed to, personalised learning supports, mentoring and coaching.