Full course description
Date and time
Thursday 20 January 2022, 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
Online – a Zoom link will be provided 24 hours prior to the event
This learning event is right for you if you are new to teaching VCE Units 3 & 4 English or have had a career break and want a refresh.
During this half-day workshop, you will have time to discuss and work through the VCE Units 3 & 4 English course. This workshop will include:
• exploring the VCE Study Design
• suggested timelines
• SAC suggestions
• tips and tricks for engaging your students
• preparing your students for success in VCE English.
- ideas for methods to achieve the expectations of the VCE Study Design
- outlines of how to structure your lesson progressions
- confidence in understanding the student outcomes at VCE English
- activities to take straight into the classroom.
Clare is a knowledgeable and experienced English teacher who has taught and led English departments from Year 5 through to Year 12 for over a decade. She is currently the Head of English (Middle School) at Haileybury. Passionate about reading, and the importance of developing student’s independent understanding about texts, Clare hosts ‘Teachers Talk Texts: the podcast’, where each episode, she discusses a different text from the VCE English text list with a fellow educator. Clare has also started her own business, Literary Ready Education, which provides education services including exam marking, tutoring, lecturing and consulting.