Full course description
Date and time
Day 1: Tuesday 20 July 2021, 9.30 am to 11:30 am
Day 2: Wednesday 18 August 2021, 9.30 am to 11:30 am
Day 3: Thursday 7 October 2021, 9.30 am to 11:30 am
Online – a Zoom link will be provided 24 hours prior to the event
This learning event is right for you if you are looking to implement an evidence-based whole school instructional model by working with a leading global expert.
The aim of ‘Raising Student Achievement’ is to use curriculum research to improve engagement and learning for all students resulting in growth in both academic achievement and student engagement in every classroom, every day. This is primarily achieved through focusing on the instructional planning and delivery of instruction, mindful of research-based practices. There is an emphasis on clarifying curriculum documents to create a pathway for teachers to improve planning for units/modules and daily lessons, effective formative assessment and added rigour to summative assessment.
"[The program] has given students and teachers a shared language. They clearly understand what is needed and confidence has skyrocketed."
- Past participant
Member price: $1600 for a team of 4 to 6 people
Contact Will Hanley to register a team
This learning event supports creating best practice toward meeting the following VRQA standard(s):
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Curriculum framework
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Student learning outcomes
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Monitoring and reporting on students’ performance
- The minimum standards for schools offering a senior secondary course – Student learning outcome.
- templates to create consistency and viability within your curriculum
- deep understanding of a contemporary instructional model
- feedback strategies
- strategies to use formative and summative assessment to raise student achievement
- shared understanding across a team to enable impact back at school.
Dr Pollock, co-author of ASCD bestseller, Classroom Instruction That Works (2001), works worldwide with teachers, coaches and principals on instruction and supervision. Her work results in improved student achievement at the classroom and school levels. An EL and classroom teacher, Dr Pollock worked as a district administrator and senior researcher for McREL Research Laboratory.
Dr Pollock is a prolific writer including Improving Student Learning One Teacher at a Time (2007/2019) and her latest The i5: teaching thinking, teaching innovation (2018). Her current manuscript pending publication is The Teacher Knowing-Doing Gap.