Full course description
Date and time
Friday 15 July 2022, 9.30 am to 11.30 am
Online – a Zoom link will be provided 24 hours prior to the event
This learning event is right for you if you are involved in the NCCD and want to take part in a moderation exercise with other schools using de-identified case studies from your own school
Participating schools will bring copies of two de-identified case studies from their own school in order to discuss with other schools whether the student should be included in the NCCD and if so, what category of disability and level of adjustment should be reported in the census.
Interschool moderation assists in the consistency of NCCD decisions across the independent sector in Victoria.
Relevant Australian professional standards for teachers
3. Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
4. Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
5. Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- experience in a professional discussion with other schools about the decisions made in compiling your school's NCCD data
- opportunity for collaboration, moderation and networking with other schools
Elspeth Adamson is currently Manager, Student Services at Independent Schools Victoria, where she works in the areas of students with individual needs and student wellbeing, as well as addressing parent concerns about their children’s education. Previously, she was a Head of Campus and Deputy Principal of a Victorian multi-campus Independent school, and a Principal of an international school in India.