Full course description
Date and time
Tuesday 5 October 2021, 3.45 pm – 4.45 pm
Online – a Zoom link will be provided 24 hours prior to the event
This learning event is right for you if you are a Kindergarten and/or Foundation teacher looking to utilise the full potential of the TLDS, to enhance a holistic approach to your transition process for 2022.
This webinar will show how the Insight Platform is used as a digital tool to share the generated information of the TLDS. The TLDS are a rich source of information of the child and their narrative, honouring their learning strengths and stretches. A lead expert will walk participants through the merits, process, and documentation needed to best operate the Insight Platform to disseminate the information shared in the documentation. Participants will have the opportunity to explore and ask questions during the session.
As we enter into another year of disrupted learning pathways and interactions, information sharing of and about the child will become even more critical in supporting and welcoming the child and their family, as they embrace their next learning environment. In 2022, we will see as we did in 2021, the need to create a safe and play-based learning environment for children as they enter their first year of schooling. By utilising the TLDS, Foundation teachers will be welcomed into the world of the child, building on their strengths, noting their stretches and, knowing the child as a learner and as an individual - enhancing their agency. Social and emotional readiness and awareness, are of critical importance as we enter the 2022 school year.
This learning event supports creating best practice toward meeting the following VRQA standard(s):
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Curriculum framework
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Student learning outcomes
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Information about school performance
- Deepened understanding of the Insight Platform
- Enhanced appreciation of the information shared within the TLDS
- Approaches in connecting with the ELYF / VEDLF
- Enhanced use of the TLDS in developing strategies to support the child entering their learning phase
- Strategies to ensure the school is ready for the child
- Strategies for providing an even safer learning environment
Helen Schiele – Principal Consultant, Independent Schools Victoria
Stephan Ammann - Support and Implementation Manager: Digital Assessment Services, VCAA