Full course description
Date and time
Friday 6 November 2020, 9.00 am to 4.30 pm
Independent Schools Victoria, 40 Rosslyn Street, West Melbourne
This learning event is right for you if you are looking to learn how to effectively utilise emails in the workplace for clear and concise communication, negate misinterpretation, and unnecessary and time wasting emails
Email is the preferred and often most efficient form of business communication. Yet many overlook the etiquette framework that should be in place when using this important business communication tool. This one-day program will provide participants with the skills and techniques necessary for managing emails, creating and managing groups, writing professionally with effective email structures, creating signatures and templates and more.
“Well presented course. I found it very helpful as a refresher for emails; to help sort and prioritise, being mindful of my audience." Previous participant
- a heightened awareness of the potential perils of digital communication
- how to write for the reader, starting with effective subject lines
- principles or ‘rules of thumb’ to ensure professional, clear and effective emails
- how to write professionally and brand broadcast emails
- ability to proof read and avoid ‘sender regret’
- enhanced understanding of the concept of ‘netiquette’
Karen Smythe is a professional trainer and life coach with 24 years’ experience in the training industry. Her background in a range of industries ensures her training sessions draw upon her firsthand experience. She has a passion for customer service excellence and delivering her knowledge and training in an exciting, motivating and interactive environment. Karen’s life experiences have given her a wealth of opportunities for continued growth and development. She has delivered training to a broad range of clients including those in the education sector.