Full course description
Monday 9 November 2020, 3.45pm to 5.00pm
Online – a Zoom link will be provided 24 hours prior to the event
This learning event is right for you if you are interested in creating a safe and inclusive environment for LGBTIQ students.
The session will cover:
- Safe Schools support available to your school
- Definitions of sex, gender, sexuality and gender affirmation
- Heteronormativity at school
- Experiences of LGBTIQ students
- Legal considerations
- Small things that make a big difference
- Where to go for support
- Every student in your school has the right to feel safe and included.
- a knowledge of the support available to your school
- an appreciation of the experiences of LGBTIQ students
- a knowledge of the law in this area
- a knowledge of the strategies that you can put into place.
Jeremy is the Project Lead of Safe Schools in the Wellbeing, Health and Engagement Division of the Department of Education and Training