Full course description
Date and time
Thursday March 26 2020, 9.30 am to 3.30 pm
This learning event is right for you if you are a primary teacher of any language
Participants in this program will be supported to reconsider and refocus their language teaching to facilitate students becoming confident language users through having opportunity to:
- focus on research and strategies for supporting quality language teaching and learning, particularly focusing on oral language development in the Primary years.
- view film clips showcasing innovative languages programs in Victorian schools
- consider opportunities for applying innovations in their own context
- explore sample units of work, including activities and resources for supporting quality language learning
- plan their own unit to support oral language development, using a planning template created to support implementation of Australian Curriculum: Languages (note this can also be used by schools implementing the Victorian Curriculum or other curriculum frameworks)
This is a very practical session incorporating a range of effective classroom strategies that incorporates a range of recently released resources.
- high impact teaching strategies for language learning
- resources/templates to support planning
- sample units of work
Kylie Farmer is a Languages Education Consultant and an experienced primary teacher of Japanese. Kylie has managed and worked on a range of projects relating to Languages Education at a national and state level. She provides consultancy service and facilitates professional learning and networks to support the quality teaching of Languages.