Full course description
Date and Time
Wednesday 22 January 2020, 9.30 am to 3.30 pm
This learning event is right for you if you are new to teaching VCE Physics Units 1 & 2, or you’ve had a career break and want a refresh
During this one-day workshop, we’ll discuss:
• exploring Units 1 & 2 in the VCE Physics Study Design
• key links to VCE Physics Units 3 & 4
• other resources, including the web
• unwrapping student misconceptions
• tips and tricks for engaging your students.
‘Theo Hughes is a
must see… his talks are always closely aligned to the study design and provide
challenges to Physics teachers to improve their practice.
– Feedback from a 2019 Physics Teacher’s Conference workshop
• a framework in which to teach VCE Physics Units 1 & 2
• ideas on how to reflect on, and continually improve, your teaching in physics
• confidence to begin the year well prepared, and with a fresh mindset.
Theo Hughes has a Master of Physics from Cambridge in the United Kingdom, a Graduate Diploma in Education from the University of Melbourne, ex-VCE and IB Teacher, ex-Education Manager at Monash University, Founder and CEO of the education company Level 98. He’s a passionate educator with extensive experience in educational practice (from active learning to change management), combined with content expertise in mathematics and science – particularly physics. Theo also bring experience and expertise gained from other industries, including publishing and IT, which often allows him to apply a different and effective perspective.