Full course description
Date and Time
Tuesday 23 January 2020, 9.30 am to 3.30 pm
This learning event is right for you if you are new to teaching VCE Units 3 & 4 Biology or have had a career break and want a refresh
During this one-day workshop you will have time to discuss and work through the VCE Units 3 & 4 Biology course. This workshop will include:
• exploring the VCE Study Design
• suggested timelines
• SAC suggestions
• tips and tricks for engaging your students
• preparing your students for the examination.
‘I would highly
recommend this professional learning session to those teaching Biology for the
first time as it gives an overview of where you would be heading when teaching
– Previous participant
• a framework in which to teach VCE Units 3 & 4 Biology
• ideas on how to structure your week, term and year
• comprehensive understanding of the level of detail required by VCE Biology students
• confidence to begin the year well prepared and with a fresh mindset.
Caroline Cotton is a passionate educational consultant working with teachers and students of VCE Biology. Having taught VCE Biology for over 10 years in the classroom, she started her own educational consulting company, Cotton Educational Consulting, which delivers professional learning to teachers and revision lectures to students. Caroline also mentors new teachers. She is an author of a current VCE Biology textbook as well as other Australian biology textbooks. More recently, Caroline has developed the learning app, Biobrain, for students to learn and revise VCE Biology anytime, anywhere.