Full course description
Date and Time
Wednesday 11 March 2020, 9.30 am to 3.30 pm
This learning event is right for you if you are wanting to develop growth mindsets in your students and improve student learning outcomes
This one-day program will take you deep inside Carol Dweck’s work on growth mindset, exploding social media myths and misunderstandings and putting you on the path to developing robust and enduring growth mindsets in your students.
· Discover how popular social media approaches have misled us to teach “about” instead of “for” a growth mindset.
· Develop a deep appreciation of where we get our mindsets from and how teachers, parents and others influence students’ mindsets on a daily basis. Importantly you’ll discover the importance of your own mindset, and how it influences your actions, and impacts your students, every day.
· Be introduced to the Mindset Continuum, a tool that will help reshape the way you approach your work with mindsets, and you’ll learn how to develop a Growth Mindset Style Guide for your school and classroom.
is not about picking up a few pointers here and there. It's about seeing things
in a new way. When people...change to a growth mindset, they change from a
judge-and-be-judged framework to a learn-and-help-learn framework. Their
commitment is to growth, and growth take plenty of time, effort, and mutual
― Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
· Tools to dispel social media myths and misunderstandings about mindset
· Techniques to address the false mindset in your school and classroom
· Understanding of how to implement the Mindset Continuum
· Knowledge of how to create more positive mindset movers
· Your own Growth Mindset Style Guide
· Strategies that improve student learning outcomes.
James first became interested in how to teach students to become better thinkers as a classroom teacher in the late ‘90s. Later, as a school leader, he spearheaded a national research project focused on infusing Art Costa and Bena Kallick’s Habits of Mind into schools and classrooms. He is a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) regularaly presenting around Australia and overseas .As an author, he has published Succeeding with Habits of Mind and The Agile Learner, as well as numerous e-books. He has published with Art Costa and Bena Kallick Learning and Leading with Habits of Mind and Habits of Mind Across the Curriculum. His regular blogs are also read by thousands of educators.