Full course description
Date and time
Thursday 7 March 2024, 10.00 am to 3.00 pm
In person at ISV, 40 Rosslyn St, West Melbourne
New to the career practitioner role
Career practitioners play a pivotal role in helping students to transition successfully throughout school and beyond the school gate. For career practitioners new to the role, this one day workshop will answer many of your questions and help set you up for success. The workshop will cover a range of topics and also provide the opportunity to interact with other career practitioners new to the role.
- Role and responsibilities of career practitioners
- Key tasks career practitioners undertake each term
- Overview of career education frameworks
- Developing a career education program
- What comprises good practice in career education
- Overview of work experience and SWL
"The workshop was a fabulous introduction into the career practitioner space. It was a comprehensive overview as well as providing practical examples."
- increased understanding of your role, and the responsibilities of your role in the school
- greater awareness of career education frameworks
- actions to further build on the career education program in your school
- greater understanding of best practice in career education
- strategies you can adopt to help manage the competing demands of the role.
Maria is the Education Consultant, Careers at Independent Schools Victoria. In her role, she provides high-level advice and support to Independent schools in relation to career education. Maria has a strong background in career development and education and has held leadership, consulting, teaching, lecturer, and career practitioner roles, in this field. She has diverse experience, having worked in schools, tertiary institutions, and corporate and government settings.