Full course description
Date and time
Day 1: Wednesday 11 May 2022, 9.30 am to 3.30 pm
Day 2: Thursday 18 August 2022, 9.30 am to 3.30 pm
In person at ISV, 40 Rosslyn St, West Melbourne
A blend of face to face and online
This learning event is right for you if you are thinking about seeking a leadership position in education.
This two-day program aims to equip emerging leaders with an understanding of the theory and practice of how to effectively lead themselves and others. You’ll explore what role leaders play in schools and the impact they can have. There will be an opportunity to assess your current skills and aptitudes to examine potential areas for growth. The program will also address applying and interviewing for leadership roles.
Aspiring Leaders is a learning experience designed to equip those seeking leadership roles with an understanding of the theory and practice of how to effectively lead themselves and others.
This learning event supports creating best practice toward meeting the following VRQA standard(s):
- School governance – Deomocratic Principles
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Student learning outcomes
- Staff Employment – Teachers’ requirements
- Staff Employment – Compliance with the Working with Children Act 2005
- understanding of the leadership role
- knowledge of how to plan for improvement
- reflection tools on current strengths and areas for growth
- strategies for exploring leadership in your current role
- preparation for the interview
Jackie Macreadie is a Principal Consultant for Independent Schools Victoria with over 25 years’ experience in education, both in schools and universities. She has held diverse portfolios, ranging from development of international student programs, Registered Training Organisations, to leading change in schools as a school leader. Jackie has held several roles at university in a faculty and marketing management and administrative capacity, as well as lecturing in science and the Masters of Teaching for Deakin University, Monash University and Holmesglen TAFE. She has also played leading roles in the implementation of various Australian and Victorian Government education programs.