Full course description
Date and time
Friday 7 May 2021, 9.30 am to 12.30 pm
In person - at ISV, 40 Rosslyn St, West Melbourne
This learning event is right for you if you are a Principal, Deputy Principal, Head of School, Bursar, Business Risk Manager or Property Manager who has prior knowledge of OHS and its application within schools.
This half-day program offers a detailed insight into Occupational Health and Safety requirements facing schools in the current environment. It will explore ways to assist you to create a successful safety management program and culture.
Occupational health and Safety training provides better understanding of OHS legislation and opportunity to learn strategies and techniques for the implementation of procedures that help to ensure a safer work environment.
This learning event supports creating best practice toward meeting the following VRQA standard(s):
- School governance – Governance
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Safe environment
- a review of contemporary safety issues or recent precedents and how they may impact schools
- knowledge of OHS responsibilities amongst key stakeholders
- real life case study showing application of risk management principles
- understanding of safety leadership within your school context.
OHS Consultant, Willis Towers Watson Workplace Risk
Willis Towers Watson’s Education Team is a leading risk advisor and insurance broker to over 350 independent schools, colleges and associated educational bodies nationally. With over 40 years of industry experience, Willis Towers Watson has an in-depth understanding of a school’s unique risk management requirements.