Full course description
Date and time
Friday 7 May 2021, 1.30 pm to 4.30 pm
In person - at ISV, 40 Rosslyn St, West Melbourne
This learning event is right for you if you are a Principal, Deputy Principal, Heads of School, Bursar, Business Risk Manager or a Property Manager who has prior knowledge of OHS and its application within schools.
This half-day program offers a practical approach (including workshop activities) to the identification and management of hazards, the management and investigation of incidents and the management of injuries within the school environment. This will provide you with a high-level management overview of Occupational Health and Safety requirements to ensure you are meeting the legislative requirements and will provide suggestions to improve your internal governance.
Occupational health and Safety training courses support managers and workers to better understand OHS legislation and learn strategies and techniques for the implementation of procedures that help to ensure a safer work environment.
This learning event supports creating best practice toward meeting the following VRQA standard(s):
- School governance – Governance
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Safe environment
- an effective risk and hazard management methodology that allows an organisation to identify hazards that pose a risk to its workers and resolve them before they cause injury or illness
- an effective incident management methodology that outlines a method for responding to and limiting the damage from workplace incidents
- an effective injury management methodology that outlines a workplace-managed process, from the time of injury to facilitate an early and sustainable return to work.
OHS Consultant, Willis Towers Watson Workplace Risk
Willis Towers Watson’s Education Team is a leading risk advisor and insurance broker to over 350 independent schools, colleges and associated educational bodies nationally. With over 40 years of industry experience, Willis Towers Watson has an in-depth understanding of a school’s unique risk management requirements.