Full course description
Self paced online
This learning event is designed for staff who have responsibility for, and experience in, managing occupational health and safety policies, processes and procedures (including business managers, risk and compliance managers, property managers and the school leadership team).
This learning event provides a comprehensive and practical guide to occupational health and safety (OHS) in the Victorian Independent school sector.
This learning event contains modules in which participants will extend their understanding and knowledge of:
- responsibilities for managing occupational health and safety in schools
- preventing and responding to workplace hazards risk and incidents
- strategies for investigating workplace incidents
- procedures to ensure a safer work environment.
Participants will learn about:
- obligations and responsibilities under occupational health and safety legislation
- strategies and techniques for implementing procedures to help ensure a safer work environment
- preventing and responding to workplace hazards, risks and incidents
- processes for investigating workplace incidents.
This learning event supports creating best practice toward meeting the following VRQA standard(s):
- School governance – Governance
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Safe environment
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Child safety
- School Infrastructure – Buildings, facilities and grounds
Sarah Dunn is School Services Advisor at Independent Schools Victoria. Sarah is an experienced lawyer in the education sector. She provides strategic and practical advice to Member Schools in relation to a range of legal, regulatory, risk and compliance issues.
Willis Towers Watson
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company. Willis Towers Watson designs workplace risk management strategies that help a broad range of Australian businesses achieve their financial and operational objectives. Whether their focus is accelerated growth or preparing for economic challenges, Willis Towers Watson provides organisations with solutions to meet their short and longer-term goals.