Full course description
Date and time
Thursday 25 August 2022, 9.30 am to 12.30 pm
In person at ISV, 40 Rosslyn St, West Melbourne
This learning event is right for you if you are a Principal, Deputy Principal, Heads of School, Bursar, Business Risk Manager or a Property Manager who has prior knowledge of OHS and its application within schools.
This half-day program offers a practical approach (including workshop activities) to the identification and management of hazards, the management and investigation of incidents and the management of injuries within the school environment. This will provide you with a high-level management overview of Occupational Health and Safety requirements to ensure you are meeting the legislative requirements and will provide suggestions to improve your internal governance.
Occupational health and Safety training courses support managers and workers to better understand OHS legislation and learn strategies and techniques for the implementation of procedures that help to ensure a safer work environment.
This learning event supports creating best practice toward meeting the following VRQA standard(s):
- School governance – Governance
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Safe environment
- an effective risk and hazard management methodology that allows an organisation to identify hazards that pose a risk to its workers and resolve them before they cause injury or illness
- an effective incident management methodology that outlines a method for responding to and limiting the damage from workplace incidents
- an effective injury management methodology that outlines a workplace-managed process, from the time of injury to facilitate an early and sustainable return to work.
Willis Towers Watson
Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 45,000 employees serving more than 140 countries and markets. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.