Full course description
Date and time
Monday 18 July 2022, 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm
Online – a Zoom link will be provided 24 hours prior to the event
This learning event is right for you if you have a teaching or education support position and interested in learning more about LinkedIn and building your professional profile
School teachers and Education Support staff should be aware of their own online professional profile and how LinkedIn can be used to support their career and leadership development. This includes the benefits of building their network, representing the school, staff, and students, joining relevant groups and documenting their ongoing professional learning. As the world’s largest online network of professionals, with over 12 million members in Australia, LinkedIn provides a range of practical tools beneficial to staff working in schools.
There are many benefits to having a LinkedIn profile. Educators find it an effective way to expand their network, learn from others and engage with others in a professional online environment.
Relevant Australian professional standards for teachers
6. Engage in professional learning
7. Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
- awareness of priority items to include and settings to update on your LinkedIn profile
- an understanding the various ways you can use LinkedIn for your goals
- how to engage on LinkedIn, curate and create content
- additional strategies to manage your brand and reputation
- increased understanding of statistics to monitor and backups to keep
- strategies to source information, complete research and maintain privacy
Sue Ellson is an independent LinkedIn Specialist, Trainer, Consultant, Author, Founder and Director. She is the author of five non-fiction books on the topics of LinkedIn, Careers, Business, Hyper Local Marketing and Gigsters and teaches at the Centre for Adult Education and for the Social Media College. She has individual and ongoing clients around Australia and has worked with independent schools and staff since 2014.