Full course description
Date and time
Wednesday 18 November 2020, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm
This learning event is right for you if you are a Principal or leader in one of the non mainstream schools seeking rich conversations with colleagues from similar school environments
The Like schools network collaborate and share ideas, supporting each other in their quest to make a difference to their students and the community they belong to. It is an opportunity for the Principals and leaders to discuss challenges and strengths as well as support needed.
Sharing stories supports Principals and leaders to have a voice and engage in meaningful dialogue about their concerns, strengths, insights and queries.
- collaboration that builds trust
- shared stories to strengthen confidence and reduce isolation
- holistic learning embedding a positive wellbeing focus for the student cohort as the primary goal
- shared strategies and approaches to support a differentiated inquiry priocess
- micro sessions of the Principals and leaders targeting the key needs for their cohort of students.
Julie is currently Principal Consultant at ISV in the School Imrovement Team. Her role includes conducting workshops and professional development seminars on various Wellbeing and Curriculum aspects. These include, approaches that can be implemented to develop Positive Relationships throughout the school community, Inclusiveness and Cultural Diversity, supports for Indigenous students, supports for key concerns such as the ‘word gap’ that students from low socio economic backgrounds and challenging backgrounds are exposed too, Personalised Learning supports, Mentoring and Coaching.