Full course description
Independent Schools Victoria is supporting professional learning for staff of Member Schools throughout term two utilising Non Government Reform Support funding.
Date and time
This learning event is right for you if you are wanting high quality professional learning in your workplace on differentiation.
PL in a Box is a flexible learning resource that allows you to deliver high quality professional learning in your setting. It includes a PowerPoint presentation with presenter notes, activities and options for taking a deeper dive.
This 'PL in a Box' explores the use of effective differentiation to maximise student learning opportunities and meet the needs of all students. The course refers to the work of Carol Ann Tomlinson and utilises AITSL resources to support teacher learning. Participants will review current research on differentiation and examine a number of effective differentiation strategies to enhance learning. There are opportunities to explore different techniques used within primary and secondary settings with activities to allow active participation.
Online Coaching - tap into the expertise of an ISV presenter to help you plan the delivery of your PL in a Box.
Video Conferencing - work with an ISV presenter to prepare for your professional learning session(s).
Action Research Assistance - let us work with you to extend the learning potential by turning PL in a Box into an action research project.
· High quality professional learning resources to use in your setting
· A variety of support options
· The ability to acknowledge and showcase expertise within your school
· Flexibility to meet the needs of your team
· Develop an understanding of the significance of differentiation in the classroom
· Review some practical differentiation strategies to use in the classroom
· Reflect on the current reality and plan for how to move forward to a more differentiated classroom