Full course description
For ISV Affiliates and Non-Member Standard pricing, please use the appropriate Promotional Codes at enrolment check-out.
Register before Sunday 31 October and secure your place at the early-bird rate.
Dates and times
The program will be a virtual program consisting of 8 separate 2-hour sessions. Sessions will be held from 10am - 12pm AEST. Participants are also required to attend a preliminary session for technology set-up.
- Preliminary session: Tech set-up | Thursday 5 May, 10.00 am - 11.00am AEST
- Module 1: Developing talent to lead
- Session 1: Creating value through talent | Thursday 12 May AEST
- Session 2: Advancing your leadership mindset | Thursday 26 May AEST
- Session 3: A user manual for you | Thursday 9 June AEST
- Session 4: Leader as communicator | Thursday 23 June AEST
- Module 2: Sustaining change as leaders of teams and organisations
- Session 5: Leading transformations | Thursday 21 July AEST
- Session 6: Growing team performance | Thursday 4 August AEST
- Session 7: Leading innovative cultures | Thursday 18 August AEST
- Session 8: Closing session | Thursday 25 August AEST
The program will be virtual, hosted via the Live Online Classroom platform used by Harvard Business School.
One or more sessions may use a Zoom studio platform instead, based on timing and pedagogy of those particular sessions, but the default platform will be live.edu.barco.com.
This program is open to all Principals from Independent, Government and Catholic schools.
Principals are not just educators but also leaders of complex organisations with significant managerial challenges and a strengthening imperative for increased efficiency, innovation, results and change.
This innovative program aims to advance the leadership development of Principals and provide tactical insight for best-in-class approaches to lead your school.
The course is designed around the following objectives and pedagogy:
- Gain exposure to the best, leading-edge approaches to managing human capital within complex organisations.
- Work with Principals, in and outside of school, to help translate global approaches to managing human capital into applications within the context of managing schools.
- Gain the know-how to improve your school and develop as a more effective leader.
- Strengthen your network with others in the cohort, giving you ready access to a set of collaborators with whom to continue developing yourselves as leaders.
Professor Ethan Bernstein, Harvard Business School
Professor Ethan Bernstein is an internationally recognised leadership expert and educator. He is an Associate Professor at the Harvard Business School, where he teaches the second-year MBA course in ‘Managing Human Capital’, an online course on ‘Developing Yourself as a Leader’ as well as various executive education programs.
In an era when the nature of work is changing, Professor Bernstein studies the impact of workplace transparency – the observability of employee activities, routines, behaviours, output and/or performance – on productivity and its implications for leadership, collaboration and organisational design.
Professor Bernstein’s research has been widely published in many academic journals and his work has appeared in The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post and The New York Times. Prior to joining Harvard, Professor Bernstein spent a half-decade at the Boston Consulting Group in Toronto and Tokyo.