Full course description
Date and time
Thursday 19 August 2021, 9.30 am to 3.30 pm
In person at ISV, 40 Rosslyn St, West Melbourne
This learning event is right for you if you are a Principal, Deputy Principal, Campus Head or Senior Leader looking to re-build connections to enable a thriving culture to flourish.
Is Your School Community Thriving?
As we emerge from the operational impact of COVID in 2020 and recent 2021 lockdowns the ripple effects in schools and classrooms continue. School communities are feeling the effects of extended disconnection and it’s showing up in classrooms and corridors, playgrounds and staff rooms. There is a need to repair, restore and re-build connection and the most effective way to do this is through school culture.
In this one-day Masterclass we explore how school leaders can be Architects of Culture and how they can intentionally craft culture to help their school community to thrive.
Over the course of the Masterclass we will:
• Bust some popular myths about culture
• Explore what a thriving culture could look like in schools
• Discover how The 4R Culture Framework can help leaders create culture in a meaningful and intentional way
• Learn how leveraging existing routines, rituals, role modelling and rhythms enables leaders to brings their desired culture to life with their teams
• Map existing school culture and assess what’s working well, where there is struggle, and what needs to be adjusted for a thriving school culture to be fully experienced
• Experiment with a behavior change framework to help make this work easy, effortless and embedded into the way schools are already working.
Paige’s leadership experience is broad and deep. As a senior leader, she’s seen it done well and not so well. This real-life experience, coupled with her deep academic knowledge fuels Paige’s superpower of making research real, relevant and relatable to the work that leaders do every day.
- a culture framework for continued reflection and action
- a clear plan with actionable steps for your context
Dr. Paige Williams is an organizational psychologist, executive coach, researcher, and author. Determined to move leaders beyond resilience to become AntiFragile, Paige uses science and her 20+ years of international business leadership experience to help successful leaders thrive in the dynamic, complex, and uncertain environment in which they operate.
An Honorary Fellow of the Centre for Wellbeing Science and an Associate of Melbourne Business School, Paige is known as a leadership and culture expert. Her first book – Becoming AntiFragile - was released last year, and her work has been featured in Psychology Today, Fast Company and Australian Financial Review.