Full course description
Date and time
Wednesday 28 July 2021, 7.00 pm to 8.00 pm
Online – a Zoom link will be provided 24 hours prior to the event
This learning event is right for you if you are leading or part of a team responsible for delivering respectful relationships and consent education at school.
Implementing a comprehensive respectful relationships and consent education program is crucial to ensuring students are armed with the knowledge and skills to make informed, safe and positive decisions.
This 60-minute webinar will equip participants with the knowledge and skills to confidently deliver a comprehensive consent education program. The program will focus on key content areas, including applicable legalities, requirements for valid sexual consent and help seeking strategies.
This will be combined with a deep dive into related areas and their application to consent, including safe partying, pornography and sexting.
“My boss (who is quite picky!) absolutely loved it. We had some members of our wellbeing staff attend and they have emailed as they loved the practical advice and resources provided.”
This learning event supports creating best practice toward meeting the following VRQA standard(s):
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Student learning outcomes
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Safe environment
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Child safety
- The minimum standards for schools offering a senior secondary course – Student welfare
- The minimum standards for schools offering a senior secondary course – Teaching and learning
- overview of the current petition for better consent education in schools
- knowledge of the applicable legalities related to consent, including age laws and free agreement
- understanding of the key requirements for valid sexual consent
- deep dive into related areas, including safe partying, pornography and sexting
- avenues to seek help if required
strategies to start the conversation in class.
Since 2015, Elephant Ed has been transforming the way sex education is taught across Australia. Elephant Ed comprises of young, relatable and highly trained facilitators to deliver engaging sex education workshops to schools, universities and community groups. The workshops are designed and delivered for young people, by young people.
The evidence-based, age-appropriate workshops are tried and tested across all relevant age groups and are mapped to State and National curriculum guidelines. Already Elephant Ed has empowered tens of thousands of young people to make informed, positive and safe decisions about sexuality, relationships and growing up.